How to Kick things off Right - Website Design Kick-off MeetingNext Post
So you have chosen your development partner for your new web design project and you are being invited in for a kick-off meeting... what do you need to be thinking about and have answers for to make the meeting as productive as possible.
When a custom website design is desired the first meeting is likely to be the Design Kick-off.
Design Kick-off Meeting
This is where you meet your website designer, your dedicated project manager will likely attend to help ensure that the the meeting follows the specifications documents and make notes, to get a flavour for what you do and don't like when it comes to design.
This initial meeting is governed by whether you have opted for logo design as well as website design. Since your logo has to compliment your site the logo would be designed first and the site only once the logo has been signed off.
What to bring for a Website Kick-off.
These simple steps can help us identify and refine who you are and what you want your site to do and say about you. These are not final drafts or copy, just windows into your desired online identity.
- Find two websites that inspire you visually, not necessarily in your sector.
- Find two websites that function in ways you would like to emulate.
- Decide on two complementary colours you would like your site to use and a background colour.
- Think of two words to sum up your business.
- Decide on a company motto that compliments your objectives as a business.
- Imagine your site has two banners on the home page; what one word and one phrase would appear on each banner to help a person understand your websites function.
None of these are hard and fast rules when it comes to communicating who you are, what you like and where you want to be. However we find these simple steps help us hit the ground running and get you to the right solution in the quickest and most accurate way possible.
By Alanna at 6 Jul 2014, 13:28 PM